Union County Dental Implants
Are you interested in Union County dental implants? Having one or more missing teeth can be tough on your self-esteem. On top of that, your oral health can be compromised. Luckily, there’s a solution for missing teeth: dental implants! More and more people are discovering the benefits of dental implants. Below are some of the main reasons dental implants are so important, along with some considerations and warnings.
Union County Dental Implants | Components of a Dental Implant
Dental implants, which resemble screws or cylinders and are constructed from medical grade titanium, are replacements for missing teeth roots. They’re designed to match natural teeth and are used as a sturdy base for either removable replacement teeth or permanent, fixed teeth. A dental implant consists of three basic parts, which include the fixture, the abutment and the dental prosthesis.
- The fixture, which becomes embedded into and fused with a patient’s jawbone, is the artificial root of the implant.
- The abutment, which is the part of the implant lying above and at the gum line, secures and supports a crown, a denture, bridge or another type of dental work that is placed upon it.
- The dental prosthesis sits on top of the abutment and operates like an actual tooth. It may be snapped or clipped (for dentures), or screwed or cemented (for bridgework or crowns).
A Union County Dental Implant Prevents Remaining Teeth from Shifting:
When you lose a tooth, a space is created, which leads to bone loss. Because of normal stress and oral pressures, the teeth that remain next to the gap start to shift. As a result, your straight, healthy teeth begin to slant, becoming unstable. This problem can lead to further bone loss as well as losing more teeth. However, by filling in gaps with dental implants, these issues can be prevented.
Dental Implants in Union County | Chew Food More Properly:
One of the primary reasons dental implants are so essential is that they allow you to chew food properly. Consider how chewing food the right way helps you to digest food better. The better food is digested, the better nutrients are absorbed into your body. When you have dental implants, you can chew food the same way you would as if you had your regular teeth. Once you have dental implants, you can eat whatever you enjoy as implants are as close as it gets to having natural teeth.
Dental Implant in Union County | Improve Self-confidence:
Besides offering health benefits, dental implants are also important because they can give you more self-confidence. When you have missing teeth, it’s easy to feel bad about your appearance and not smile. But once you’ve had a dental implant treatment, you can start feeling good about how you look. Not only that, dental implants can help to improve speech. Unlike dentures that can slip inside your mouth and cause you to slur your words or mumble, dental implants are secure, so there’s no worry of your teeth slipping.
Union County Dental Implant Considerations and Warnings
- Comfort is another benefit of dental implants.
- Dental implants are extremely effective with a success rate that’s a high as 98 percent. Consider how the success rate varies, depending on the location on the jaw in which implants are placed.
- If you give your implants the proper care, they can last for a lifetime. Implant care is much like caring for natural teeth as it includes brushing, flossing, getting routine dental cleanings and scheduled checkups. Your dentist can suggest additional home care cleaning tips for keeping your teeth healthy.
- To be a candidate for an implant treatment, you must have an adequate amount of bone for supporting the implant and have gums that are healthy.
- Smokers should stop smoking one week before a dental implant procedure. What’s more, they should not smoke for up to two months once an implant has been placed.
- Although dental implants don’t affect bordering teeth, you may need additional surgery later once you have received an implant. This is to ensure the implant remains in place in the jawbone. Ask your dentist about the advantages and disadvantages, regarding this treatment choice.
Best Place for Union County Dental Implants?
Unique Family Dentistry is a Union County family dentist practice that treats patients of all ages. We are committed to delivering the highest quality dental care and do so using advanced dental equipment. We are a cosmetic dentist that offers services like checkups, teeth cleaning, crowns, veneers and more. We also perform emergency dentist services that include bonding, root canals, crowns, and bridges. Service towns include Clark, Springfield, Roselle, Elizabeth, Rahway, Kenilworth, and many more. For more information, call us today at (908) 409-0267 or visit our website.